Rain Tanks – South East NSW
At BluenGrey we can help you decide which rain tank will best suit your needs and your property. We supply and install all types of rainwater tanks. Concrete, steel and poly tanks all have different features and benefits. We can help decide which type of tank best suits your property and location.
Call 1300 821 821, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message online now.
BluenGrey offer a full installation service, with suitable qualified installers. It’s essential to know that failure to follow the tank manufacturer’s installation instructions may result in warranties being voided.
- It is recommended that an engineer design a suitable stand to suit the required size tank
Preparing a pad for your tank to be sited on
- Your tank must be sited on level, stable ground which, ideally, has been compacted
- If you’re using gravel as a base, between 60-100mm of compacted road base, a thin layer of sand or blue metal dust (3mm stone) may be needed over the road base if you’re using a larger gravel size.
- A retaining formwork may be needed to hold the base in place (such as treated pine, concrete, etc.) this helps avoid erosion under the tank.
- A reinforced concrete slab is recommended for steel tanks, it should be 75-100mm thick with F72 mesh (depending on the tank size)
- The tank pad should be approximately 100mm larger than the diameter of the tank
- If you’re installing a pump near the tank, make a pad large enough to fit the pump as well
Plumbing a water tank
- Tank overflow must be taken away from the tank to avoid overflow undermining the tank base
- Use flexible hose connections between the tank and the pump
- Check local council requirements, for example Eurobodalla Council require 100mm over flow pipe 150mm down form top of tank.
Failure to follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions may result in warranties being voided. BluenGrey offer a full installation service, with suitable qualified installers.
Need your septic system serviced or pumped out?
Don't delay – it's is a requirement under NSW Health that all Aerated Wastewater Treatment Systems (AWTS) are serviced every three months. BluenGrey keeps your system working with good advice and reliable, professional servicing.
Since 1986, BluenGrey (formerly known as Garden Master & Rain King) has specialised in wastewater, rain tank and water pump sales.
BluenGrey serves the South East NSW region including the Eurobodalla, Shoalhaven, Palerang, South Coast, Far South Coast, ACT and surrounds. Our team of Service Technicians are located across South East NSW for local, reliable and professional service.