AWTS & Septic System Servicing
NSW Health & your local council require an AWTS to be serviced by an approved agent (such as BluenGrey) every 3 months at the expense of the property owner. Servicing of your AWTS is essential to ensure it continues to work properly and to avoid problems and blockages.
Aerated Wastewater Treatment Systems must be serviced every 3 months
NSW Health and Local Councils require an Aerated Wastewater Treatment System (AWTS) to be serviced by an approved agent such as BluenGrey every three months, at the expense of the property owner. BluenGrey provides experienced and qualified technicians to perform servicing and repair of all AWTS no matter the brand. All our vehicles are stocked with a variety of pumps and irrigation parts and can respond quickly to break downs and emergency call outs.
All septic and AWTS systems must be pumped out every 3 – 5 years
Having your tank pumped out every 3 – 5 years is key to maintaining your AWTS or septic tank system. At a regular service, a technician will recommend your tank is pumped out when the sludge reaches a particular level in the tank. Please contact BluenGrey who can arrange the pump out for you.
What happens at a AWTS Service
At each service, BluenGrey’s technicians test your system to ensure it is working as it should The technicians will:
1. Respect your property and follow OH&S guidelines.
2. Check for electrical safety and if control box and alarm is working at the tank.
3. Check aeration, irrigation and sludge (if fitted) pumps are working.
4. Clean aeration and clarification filters
5. Adjust and operate sludge return as required.
6. Measure sludge accumulation in septic chamber to see if pump out is needed.
7. Check inlet and chamber junctions are clear.
8. Test Ph, free chlorine levels and replenish chlorine as required (up to 6 tablets).
9. Report on status of irrigation area.
10. If fitted and accessible clean irrigation filters.
11. Make comments and recommendations for any additional work that may be required.
Your responsibilities as an AWTS owner
- Never turn off the system
- Ensuring that the system is inspected quarterly by a qualified service technician
- Fixing the system when problems are reported
- Pump out the system when sludge levels are high (usually every 3 – 5 years)
- Complying with Council’s request for inspections or maintenance
- Ensuring a display sign stating that it is “Recycled water, avoid Contact, Do not Drink”
- Replacing the aeration, irrigation and sludge pumps when they reach the end of their life and are no longer operational
- Maintaining and protecting the absorption field and irrigation area
- Complying with all Local Council requirements
If you have any questions about the condition of your system or perhaps you are buying a property with a wastewater treatment system, simply email or call BluenGrey, we’re happy to help.
Since 1986, BluenGrey (formerly known as Garden Master & Rain King) has specialised in wastewater, rain tank and water pump sales.
BluenGrey serves the South East NSW region including the Eurobodalla, Shoalhaven, Palerang, South Coast, Far South Coast, ACT and surrounds. Our team of Service Technicians are located across South East NSW for local, reliable and professional service.