Septic tanks and collection wells are a more traditional, older style of managing your wastewater.
At BluenGrey, we install, replace and upgrade septic systems.
If you have an existing septic tank, here is a checklist of possible signs that your disposal area is failing:
- Sewer pipes that gurgle and don't drain proper
- Smell of sewage inside the house or near the trenches
- The Inspection Outlet (IO) on the outside of the house has sewage flowing out of it.
- Water pooling around the tank and trench area
- Vegetation on trench area is much greener than other areas of the property, indicating that excess water is present.
- Call or email us, or send us your details for us to contact you
- A site inspection will help determine if the absorption trenches, evapotranspiration beds or effluent irrigation has failed or whether you need a pump out to desludge your tank.
- You may need to notify Council about the upgrade to your septic system. We can assist with Council notice and inspections.
How septic tanks work
Interested in upgrading your absorption trenches, evapotranspiration beds or effluent irrigation?
Get in touch with our friendly and knowledgeable team to organise an on-site inspection today.
"I can’t recommend BluenGrey highly enough"
“BluenGrey are an absolute pleasure to deal with. Their Service Technicians are always professional and reliable, and I like to know that our wastewater system is looked after so we’re always meeting our Council’s regulations. I feel reassured knowing I can call on them should I have any worries about our system, and especially that they can respond to emergencies.”
– Emma, Shoalhaven
"BluenGrey are a great ‘one stop shop’ service at competitive prices"
“Having made the decision to move to a semi-rural property at Yass we investigated options for our grey and rain water requirements. We approached BluenGrey who provided a range of options for us to select from. Their personal and professional approach, which included on-site meetings, ultimately led us to choose to proceed with BluenGrey who offered a ‘one stop shop’ service at competitive prices. The installation was trouble free and their follow-on service and advice has been excellent. We are completely satisfied with the BluenGrey services and have no hesitation in recommending them to future customers.”
– Col and Anne Eade
"Rod’s expertise is exceptional"
“We would like to thank Rod for all his guidance and patience while we were investigating water and sewerage systems, and asking a myriad of questions. We had never built before and knew nothing about what we needed for water and sewerage, so Rod was a fountain of knowledge. His expertise has been exceptional. Both the water tank and the sewerage system were installed hassle-free and passed Council inspection without any issues. We look forward to an ongoing relationship with Rod when he visits to do the necessary checks and balances of our sewerage system”
– Melissa and Scott Jobson, Tapitallee
"BluenGrey were very helpful in every respect"
“From our initial conversations through to final installation BluenGrey were very helpful in every respect, and courteous and obliging with regards to my requirements. Work commenced on time as planned with pictures texted through to us during the installation showing progress. All in all job a well done with zero issues. I would recommend BluenGrey to anyone considering waste disposal units and / or rainwater tanks.”
– Steven Hawke, Longbeach